Patch Notes v4.2
Another patch, another long list of fixes and additions! This patch brings a new consumable item, a new weapon, and tons of fixes. Continue reading for the official patch notes from Epic Games for Patch Notes v4.2.
“Patch Notes v4.2 introduces a new foraged item… Apples! Find this nutritious treat around trees scattered throughout the map. When you’re done snacking, hunt for the new Epic and Legendary rarity Burst Assault Rifle. It can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines. Do you prefer it over our other Epic and Legendary assault rifles? Let us know on social!
Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle
The Burst Assault Rifle you’ve been asking for… it’s Epic… it’s Legendary.
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
Weapons + Items
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Does 32 / 33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall-off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage increased by 3.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Launch Pad when multiple players activated it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu.
- 50v50 V2 Adjustments
- DBNO damage per tick lowered from 10 to 5.
- Chest spawn rate increased from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Final circle is shortened from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- This last circle exists for 60 seconds before gradually closing in over an additional 60 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has been increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- This allows for more responsive movement and shooting, and reduces effective ping times for all players.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that occurred when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect.
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above/below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are above you based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting ?.
- Boosted the volume of Grenade Launcher explosions to more closely match volume of other explosions ?.
- Improved how wind fades out prior to landing when using a glider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out on elimination.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a spectated player’s footsteps/jumps/lands to sound like they were to the left/right if they were moving, especially when looking through a scope.
- Emoting in the lobby can now be triggered by clicking the right analog stick.
- Added an emote button to the bottom of the screen while in the lobby.
- Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights now defaults to off (PC only).
- Fixed an issue that prevented map input from working while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where teammate map indicators wouldn’t display during a match.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the consume timer from displaying while consuming a Hop Rock.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap placement UI to display while looking at surfaces that do not allow trap placement.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap arrow wouldn’t display properly while spectating a player.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to affect objects that moved (player-worn bush, soccer balls, etc.).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battlehound’s pants to clip through his tunic when running.
- Fixed issue where Eliminations wouldn’t show up in the Replay browser.
- HUD customization added.
- This is version 1.0, we’ll continue to build this out.
- Added an optimization that limits the number of Sprays rendered at once.