April 18, 2018|
Filed under: News
In a post on Reddit, Epic Games has taken a moment to address some of the concerns users have had with Fortnite Battle Royale since the last few updates, that introduced weapon swap delay, peeking issues and the guided missile.
- In v3.4, we identified an unintended behavior with shooting that affected a small number of players. However, when implementing a fix in v3.5, we unintentionally introduced a bug around peeking over structures and edges. The result of this issue is that you would accidentally end up shooting your own structures. We will be rolling back this change in v3.5.2 this week, and we’ll be taking a little more time to evaluate how we fix the original issue.
Weapon Swap Delay
We recently introduced weapon equip times. This change was geared towards balancing quick switching between different weapons with low rate of fire (effectively bypassing the drawbacks that make these weapons fair). After reviewing your feedback, we’ll be making a number of changes in a hotfix later today:
- Snipers and Crossbows do not benefit as much from quick switching, so we’ll be reverting the equip time changes for those weapons.
- We will be keeping the delay for the remaining weapons with the new behavior – Shotguns, Revolver, Hand Cannon, and Rocket Launcher. Note: All other weapons do not have equip times.
- Weapon equip animations will be improved in a future update. These are unfortunately somewhat misleading – it’s possible to fire sooner than the gun appears ready, so they feel more sluggish than they really are. You may notice this on a few weapons.
- These two changes are an iterative step in taking another look at our weapon swapping and improving it for the long run. Please share your feedback as we continue to work on these changes.
- We’ve gotten a lot of feedback around the Guided Missile, in particular concerns over fairness and strength of the weapon. We share your concerns, so we’ve put the Guided Missile into the vault while we figure out the next steps for its future.